Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, December 18, 2015

Friend Friday #121 (The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate)...

Hi!  I am Jessica and we read the book called The One and Only Ivan  written by Katherine Applegate.  


I think this book is awesome because it gave a lot of details about animals and it was very realistic.    



My favorite part in the story is when Ivan saw Ruby playing happily and was safe because it made me really happy when I read that part.   





The character that I liked best was Ivan because knew how to deal with things and never really got mad or angry.  


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted to write a heart-warming story that was really good.  


I would recommend this book to our friends because it's a good book for kids in our grade level.  I know they will love it.  


Reading to me is best thing on earth because books have a lot of feelings and sometimes books can be funny and sometimes they can be really sad like this one.  


*I have been talking about my favorite books all year.  Of course this one is at the top of the list.
*Kids didn't gravitate toward it right away, but I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that my readers are starting to read it and share with others.
*Jessy was one of the first to read it and I think she read it in a day and a night.
*I love when a book builds slowly and eventually becomes a class favorite.
*That is bound to happen with this beautiful novel.  
*The thoughts that Jessy shared were so spot on.  Beautiful review!  





No comments:

Post a Comment