Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wonder Wednesday #126 (#TitleTalk)...

Wonder Wednesday - #Titletalk Top Five

*This past Sunday night I joined in on the most recent #titletalk.

*This monthly chat occurs on Twitter and is run by Donalyn Miller and Colby Sharp.


*Each month they present a topic of conversation with educators, administrators, and librarians joining in on the "chat".

*This month's topic was "Collaboration."  The conversation was from 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM (CT)

*The hour always goes by so quickly and by the end my mind is swimming with new information.

*I thought I would share my top-five moments, quotes, or ideas that came from the hour.

*These come from my memory so I'm not listing who said it and may not get it word for word. 


Top-Five Moments...

-Most people collaborate online via Twitter, Facebook, Voxer, Googledocs, and Blogs.

-One goal of collaboration is to connect our students to the world outside of our own four walls.

-It is difficult to collaborate with colleagues that don't share the same views or teaching practices as you might hold close to your heart.

-Sometimes it is ok to collaborate alone which in turn makes you a better collaborator with others.

-You can't force collaboration!

-We need to keep a balance in our lives and can't collaborate in all ways with all people.  
(I know this is six statements, but I couldn't just stop at five.)

No comments:

Post a Comment