Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Wonder Wednesday #171 (Breakfast with Books #THREE)

*We had the novel, the readers, the "breakfast treats", and above all an incredible author via Skype.

*My fourth graders and I gathered on Friday, November 16th in our classroom space before the school day began.  

*This was our third book club of the 2016-2017 school year and what a book club it was.

*My students read A Whole New Ballgame by Phil Bildner.  This is the first novel of his "Rip and Red" series.  There are two books out presently with the third story being released in the summer of 2017.  

*Each reader came up with some comments and questions to share with Phil during our Skype visit.

*The time we had with the author was fun, exciting, and full of energy.  My students couldn't get enough of him and so enjoyed his humor, warmth, and questions he had for them.  

*I've said it before, but these monthly events are my favorite times of the school year.

*Here is an inside look at the book club in action...



No comments:

Post a Comment