Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Favorite Reads of 2017

My Favorite Books of 2017

*I wasn't going to do a "best of" or "favorite" list for the year, but I've been noticing so many of them today that I decided to add my two cents.

*It was another great year of reading.  I think the books being published just get better and better.  I'm still trying to keep a balance of middle-grade, young-adult, and adult novels.




*Looking over my GoodReads lists, I saw that I read a lot more middle-grade than the other two categories.  As much as I love and adore middle-grade, I still want to keep reading young-adult and adult novels as often as I can.

*At first I was going to pick one favorite from each category, but soon realized that was going to be way too difficult.  I decided to list my top three, but as you can see, I couldn't pick just three in the middle-grade "list".

*So much fun to reflect on the year of reading and look forward to the next year and anticipate what the publishing world will bring.

*These are not in any particular order, but the stories that stood out, touched my heart, and became an important part of my reading life...


Favorite Middle-Grade Novels (69 Titles Read)...


The Ethan I Was Before by Ali Standish







Matylda, Bright, & Tender by Holly McGhee












Lemons by Melissa Savage












The Perfect Score by Rob Buyea












Smart Cookie by Elly Swartz













Wishtree by Katherine Applegate












Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling













Saving Marty by Paul Griffin











Young-Adult Novels (29 Titles Read)...



List of Cages by Robin Roe












One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus












Turtles All the Way Down by John Green










Novels Published for Adults (29 Titles Read)...



The Hearts of Men by Nickolas Butler












Beartown by Fredrik Backman












The Hearts of Invisible Furies by John Boyne

No comments:

Post a Comment