Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, March 11, 2018

The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware

How I Heard About It:  I read this book for my BBC (Boy's Book Club).  A member of my book club chose it after another staff member recommended it.  I read In a Dark, Dark Wood years ago and enjoyed it so I was excited to read this work of fiction.  

What It Is About:  Lo boards a luxury yacht after surviving a break-in to her apartment.  She is one of several members boarding this boat for a maiden voyage.  Lo is a writer and being sent to report and write about this newest yacht and the guests on board.  Lo meets her cabin neighbor in cabin 10 when she needs to borrow some mascara before the first night's festivities.  Later that night, she hears a scuffle out on deck 10.  When she investigates, she finds clues that would lead her to think there has been a major crime committed.  Lo reports this crime to the ship's staff, but finds herself coming up against people that don't believe her and all of evidence has disappeared.  Everyone on the ship blames Lo's status on her current, and past, medical state.  Lo does everything she can to prove there was a woman in cabin 10 and she has somehow disappeared.  

What I Thought Of It:  Every once and while it is so fun to read a good mystery that is a complete page-turner.  That is exactly what this novel was.  The story started out strong and didn't let go until the very last page.  There was so much going on at the conclusion of the story that I have a few lingering questions that I can't wait to discuss at our upcoming book club.  The plot was strong and kept me interested the entire reading experience.  

Who Should Read It:   I would tell any adult reader they would enjoy this book.  There really isn't anything NOT to like.  Ruth Ware tells a really great story with so many twists and turns along the way.  If you have read her previous works, then you need to add this one to your TBR list.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:  4 STARS out of 5 Stars






No comments:

Post a Comment