Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The Wild Robot Escapes by Peter Brown

How I Heard About It:  This has been a novel I've waited a long time to read.  I absolutely loved the first book and couldn't wait to see how the story continued.  I first gave my copy to a student I had last year because he had been waiting all year to read the sequel.  It was fun to share my copy with him.  

What It Is About:   Roz is back.  After being taken off the island, she ends up on a farm as their electronic helper.  She is put in charge of helping with the animals and other tasks around the farm.  When a dangerous storm hits, she must protect not only herself, but the children and animals.  Roz isn't happy in her new environment, wants to be reunited with her adopted son, and return to the island she called home. When the two children on the farm find about about Roz's wish, they agree to help her escape.  From here, she embarks on an adventure of travel, animals, family, friends, and a whole lot of other danger and/or fun.  Her main goal is to spend her life with her adopted son, a goose, and find the island that she called home.  

What I Thought Of It:  If possible, I think I enjoyed this story even better than the first one.  It was so great to get back to Roz, Brightbill, and a whole new cast of characters.  The action/adventure started on page one and didn't let up until the very last page.  I think that Peter's style of writing is unique, spot-on, and engaging.  I found myself chuckling on several occasions while reading.  It was a pure joy to read and such a fun and entertaining read.  Both my former student and myself hope the adventure continues in a third book.  

Who Should Read It:  I think this is perfect novel for third, fourth, fifth, and sixth grade readers.  This is actually a book series that some of my hard to reach readers have embraced, read, and enjoyed.  There is something about the plot that really draws in the reader.  Happy Reading!  

Rating:  5 STARS out of 5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment