Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Wonder Wednesday #267 (Reflections Of...)

Wonder Wednesday - Student Bloggers

*We are currently winding down our "32 Day Countdown".

*This year I had 31 students, plus myself.  During the countdown, each student was highlighted during the day.


*They were able to choose quite a few activities during the day and the class honored the particular student.

*One activity each student completed, was a daily blog.  The blog was a chance for them to reflect on their year.

*As each student has written and shared their thoughts about our year together, I have noticed a common theme emerge.

*The young writers are not writing about standardized tests, learning targets, skill/strategies, and/or particular lessons.  They are responding to the blog with memories of special events, daily highlights, and community building activities I try to build into each and every day.

*Here are just a few samples of what my fourth graders are reflecting on...


Today date was 5/21/19. 
Today was the 156th day of fourth grade.
What I remember most about this year is the candy because I love candy .
The most interesting part of our year was when we started are count down because it was fun .
I enjoyed this year when we did RACES because they were fun . 
The best thing I learned this year was to love books because I did not like books before . 
When it comes to books, my favorite book was Real Friends because it was something you could relate to . 
My favorite day of our writing is Music Monday because they were very good songs . 
The most surprising thing that happened this year was when Jade left because I did not expect it . 
When I think about this year, I noticed that everyone is kind in our class because they are friendly and nice . 
After this year, I'm wondering who’s class will I be in next year because I want Dolan .


Today date was 5-13-19.
Today was the 18th to the last day of fourth grade.
What I remember most about this year is kindergarten buddies because it is fun to be with them.
The most interesting part of our year was Mystery Doug because the videos were good.
I enjoyed this year when we did FFT because it was fun to be outside.
The best thing I learned this year was Spark-Y because we learned about fish and sometimes played a game.
When it comes to books, my favorite book was Friend or Fiction because it was a good book.
My favorite day of our writing is Music Monday because I liked all of the songs.
The most surprising thing that happened this year was kindergarten buddies because I never did kindergarten buddies before.
When I think about this year, I noticed that all the kids are kind because they all show it.
After this year, I'm wondering what teacher I will get next year because I don’t know who I will get.


Today date was 5/15/19. 
Today was the 152th day of fourth grade. 
What I remember most about this year is when we did morning meeting games because they were fun. 
The most interesting part of our year was Mystery Doug because there were things that we did not know. 
I enjoyed this year when we did kindergarten buddies because they were fun to play with. 
The best thing I learned this year was to read a lot because you don’t know what’s going to happen. 
When it comes to books, my favorite book was the One and Only Ivan because it was a great book. 
My favorite day of our writing is Friday choice because we could write anything we want. 
The most surprising thing that happened this year was the races because they were tiring. 
When I think about this year, I noticed that I made more friends because some of the people I did not know. 
After this year, I'm wondering if my friends be in my class because they’re fun to play with.



Today date was 5/10/19. 
Today was the 149th day of fourth grade. 
What I remember most about this year is the Beta fish because they are fish and I liked learning about them.
The most interesting part of our year was races because they were fun and I never won once. 
I enjoyed this year when we did races because it was fun.
The best thing I learned this year was reading because I didn't like reading that much before this year.
When it comes to books, my favorite book was the Treehouse series because they have a treehouse and great action in the story.
My favorite day of our writing is Random Topic Tuesday because I don’t know what I am gonna write about until I see the topic on the screen.
The most surprising thing that happened this year was when Jade left because I did not think that would happen. 
When I think about this year, I noticed that this year was short because it went by so fast.
After this year, I'm wondering is it gonna be hard in Mosaic next year because I don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment