Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Wonder Wednesday #268 (Breakfast with Books)

Wonder Wednesday - Matylda, Bright & Tender

*As our year is coming to a close, some of my readers had their final "Breakfast with Books" on Friday, May 24th.

*Our final book club selection was Matylda, Bright & Tender by Holly McGhee.

*I have used this novel in the past and it has always been a huge hit with my fourth graders so I decided to choose it again.



*The Skype session with Holly was fun, delightful, and interesting.  She took the time to share her family's pet lizard and even did a feeding for us.

*The readers has the chance to share their comments, noticings, wonderings, and questions.  Holly was attentive, real, and personal in all of her responses.

*I absolutely adore this book club and it always provides me, and my students, with some of our greatest highlights of the year.

*Here are some images from our time with Holly McGhee...























No comments:

Post a Comment