Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Wonder Wednesday #320 (Quintessence by Jess Redman)

Wonder Wednesday - Class Read Aloud from a Distance

*When we left school on Friday, March 13th never in my wildest dreams did I think that would have been our last day together for the year.  

*Our class read aloud at the time was an ARC of Quintessence by Jess Redman.  We were enjoying the story and couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen with Alma and her new friends.  

*One of the first elements I knew I wanted to continue from a "distance" was the class read aloud.  I wasn't sure how to implement this, but knew I wanted to find out. 

*I began recording myself reading to the class.  They began listening from home.  We began to "chat" about the story even from a distance.

*The highlight of the experience was when Jess Redman joined us via Google Meet.  The kids in my class had the opportunity to share their comments and ask questions.

*As always, Jess was engaging, thought-provoking, and a complete join to talk to.  Thank you Jess Redman for being a positive influence on my fourth graders.

*Here is a small glimpse into our time with this amazing author...




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment