Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, November 21, 2020

One Night Gone by Tara Laskowski


How I Heard About It:
*I am a member of the BBC (Boy's Book Club) which is a group of male teachers that I have the honor of working with.  We have been working together since 2000.  This was our latest selection by a member of our book club.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*The novel contains two stories within the pages.  

*The first takes place in the past, where Maureen is trying to make a new start in Opal Beach.


*The second takes place in the present, when Allison escapes to the same town to escape her past and try to begin anew.  

*Maureen disappeared years earlier, and now Allison finds herself in the middle of the mystery.

*As the story unfolds and develops, Maureen and Allison's stories merge upon each other in a dramatic conclusion.  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I knew nothing of the novel so I was curious to start reading.  

*When I first began, I had positive thoughts and reactions to the story.

*The more I read, the less I became interested in the overall plot.

*The mystery was interesting enough, but nothing that different from other mysterious written for adults.

*The reading was easy and I look forward to discussion with my fellow BBC readers.  


Who Should Read It:
*If you like a light page-turner with a mystery, then this would be the novel for you.  Nothing earth shattering, but an overall enjoyable experience.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:   3 STARS out of 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment