Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, September 10, 2023

None of This Is True by Lisa Jewell

How I Heard About It:
*As I was browsing for a new audio novel, I came across this novel.  After a bit of reading the positive reviews, I decided to download the title via Audible and kick off my school year commute with a mystery.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:

*Alix Summer is a podcaster and celebrating her 45th birthday.

*Josie Fair is a quiet woman who is also celebrating her 45th birthday.

*The two women meet at the local pub and realize they are "birthday twins".

*As the two women keep crossing paths, Josie convinces Alix to interview her for one of Alix's podcasts.

*Alix isn't sure what she will be able to gain from the podcast, but agrees and finds herself listening to one of the most strange human stories she has ever heard.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*The beginning of the story was a bit slow, but once the two characters began the podcast interviews, the plot picked up and never stopped.  

*The audio version was excellent with lots of extra "touches" thrown in throughout the story.

*Every time I thought I knew where the plot was headed, I was wrong and there were more twists and turns.  

*There were some disturbing scenes depicted in the story which may be bothersome to some readers.

*I was on the edge of my seat, car seat literally, up until the very last page.


Who Should Read It:
*If you have read any previous Lisa Jewell novels, I'm sure you would enjoy her latest work of fiction.  I sure reading the hard cover would be satisfying, but I would recommend the audio version because of all the extra dramatic effects.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment