Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, September 3, 2023

The Quiet Tenant by Clemence Michallon

How I Heard About It:
*Came across this title while I was browsing for a new novel published for adults to read during my summer vacation.  After reading several extremely positive reviews, I purchased the book and finished just before heading back to my 33rd year of teaching!


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Aidan Thomas appears to be the perfect husband, father, and resident of his town.

*Rachel has lived in a "room" for the last several years while taking on a new identity.

*Cecilia is Aidan's teenage daughter who only knows one side of her father and isn't sure what to think when Rachel comes into their lives.  

*Emily works at the local bar and sees Aidan every week when he enters the bar and orders the same thing.  There is something about him that draws Emily toward Aidan and leaves her wanting more.  

*All four of these people are connected and their lives are about to implode.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*The story is told in "Second Person" which threw me at first, but became quite perfect for the story.

*Once I got into the story, I became more and more invested in the characters and what they were going through.

*The author did a tremendous job of creating the characters, having them jump off the page, and land in the reader's heart.  

*The focus of the plot may not be the first time this type of story was told, but the way the author uncovered the plot was unique, fresh, and engaging.  

*A great mystery, page-turner, and emotional reading experience.


Who Should Read It:
*I know all adult readers will find great satisfaction with The Quiet Tenant.  Would be the perfect novel for a book club because there would be so much to discuss.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   5 STARS out of 5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment