Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Squish #5: Game On by Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm...


How I Heard About It:  I love the Squish series.  I was introduced to it last summer.  It was exciting to know a new book was being released.  It will be awesome to add this 5th book to my classroom collection. 

What It Is About:  This book covers another adventure for Squish.  He is introduced to a video game by his friends at school.  Squish also has a book report due for his teacher.  He believes he can handle both, but soon learns that one of these will take-over his life.  

What I Thought Of It:  Squish #5 brought another enjoyable and fast read.  I enjoyed the story and thought that is brought a great lesson to young readers about video games and time management.  Of course it did it in a fun and entertaining way.  The illustrations and graphics were top-notch as usual.  

Who Should Read It:  Readers who have enjoyed books #1-#4 will of course love this new edition.  I think it should be a staple in each and every classroom.  It is such a great series that many young readers can handle and enjoy.  I know my 4th graders will be excited to read this latest installment.  

Rating:  5 STARS out of 5 Stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment