Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Squish #5: Game On by Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm...


How I Heard About It:  I love the Squish series.  I was introduced to it last summer.  It was exciting to know a new book was being released.  It will be awesome to add this 5th book to my classroom collection. 

What It Is AboutThis book covers another adventure for Squish.  He is introduced to a video game by his friends at school.  Squish also has a book report due for his teacher.  He believes he can handle both, but soon learns that one of these will take-over his life.  

What I Thought Of It:  Squish #5 brought another enjoyable and fast read.  I enjoyed the story and thought that is brought a great lesson to young readers about video games and time management.  Of course it did it in a fun and entertaining way.  The illustrations and graphics were top-notch as usual.  

Who Should Read It:  Readers who have enjoyed books #1-#4 will of course love this new edition.  I think it should be a staple in each and every classroom.  It is such a great series that many young readers can handle and enjoy.  I know my 4th graders will be excited to read this latest installment.  

Rating:  5 STARS out of 5 Stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment