Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, August 12, 2013

The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt...


How I Heard About It:  I believe I first heard about this book on Twitter.  Fellow teachers at a workshop also mentioned this book.    I decided to finally buy the book to add to my picture book collection.

What It Is About:   This book contains a series of letters to a little boy named Duncan.  Each page holds a letter from different crayons in Duncan's box of colors.  The crayons all have different complaints or comments to make to Duncan about their life as that color and life with the other crayons.  

What I Thought Of It:  I thought this was a delightful picture book and enjoyed every page and every color.  The letters were so creative and unique to each color.  I must say that I smiled and/or LOL'd while reading some of the pages.  The artwork in the book was spectacular and interesting to look at.  This is definitely a book I'm looking forward to sharing with my fourth grade class.  

Who Should Read It:  I believe this is another picture book that needs to be a staple in each and every classroom.  All ages of readers would enjoy this story.  The more mature reader will obviously get more out of the text than a younger reader.  The story would make for a great read aloud in any grade classroom.  Be sure to pick up a copy because I know you won't be disappointed.

Rating:  4 Stars out of 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment