Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Story of Fish & Snail by Deborah Freedman...

How I Heard About It:  I heard about this picture book from my Twitter friends of course.  I then saw it on display at the local book store.  I couldn't resist and had to buy it. 

What It Is About:  This is the story of a little fish and little snail that reside in their story book.  One day Fish wants to show Snail a new story instead of telling the story.  Snail is content in his own story and doesn't want to venture too far.  Fish decides to go to the new story without Snail.  This leaves Snail in a decision-making situation. 

What I Thought Of It:  I thought this was a beautifully illustrated book.  I loved the interaction between Fish & Snail.  They are the extreme opposite of each other, but the reader can "see" the closeness between these two characters.  As great as the text is, it is the illustrations that bring this story to life. 

Who Should Read It:  I think this is the perfect picture book for every classroom to have in their collection.  The book will lend itself to a great classroom discussion about friends, stories, illustrations, and books.  I know student readers of any age will enjoy spending time with this book and diving into the beautiful illustrations. 

Rating: 4 Stars out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment