Treat Tuesday -
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
*I normally love to post wonderfully rich, fattening, and delicious treats.
*With the start of a New Year, I know people are looking for healthy options.
*My wife makes an awesome Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin.
*This is a "twist" on that with a bit of a healthy twist...
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (could use greek)
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (gave or take on your preference - I used minis)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar, set aside.
- In a food processor (or blender/mixer) combine yogurt, bananas, melted butter, peanut butter, milk, egg and vanilla until very well blended. Mixture will be fairly thick.
- Combine the wet with the dry ingredients, stir until combined but do not over mix.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into a greased muffin tin (regular size or mini).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes for minis and 18-22 minutes for regular sized or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Treat Tuesday - Adult Novel
The Dive from Clausen's Pier by Ann Packer