Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Wonder Wednesday #221 (HIGHLIGHTS)

Wonder Wednesday - Weekly Highlights

*I wasn't sure what to post for this week's "Wonder Wednesday".  As I was thinking about the past week, I thought of several "wonder" moments I've had both in and out of the classroom.


*Here are a few moments that captured both my thoughts and heart.  Of course they all have to do with reading and books...

MOMENT #ONE
Melissa Savage was kind enough to send me an ARC of her next novel.  I abosutely loved her first book Lemons and I'm enjoying this story just was much.  


MOMENT #TWO
 This picture book came to me via the publisher and I so enjoyed it.  I enjoyed it even more when I shared it with my fourth grade listeners.  There is so much to think about and discuss.  


MOMENT #THREE
 I've been wanting to read this book for quite some time.  I was thrilled when it arrived in the mail this week via my #bookexpedition Twitter group.  I read it in two sittings and can't wait to share it with my class.  


MOMENT #FOUR
*These two girls are lucky enough to be reading from a "manuscript" from an author that we have had connections with during the school year.  They are reading it and going to share any "ideas" they have for the story.  I can't tell you how excited they were to get this "future book" in their hands.


MOMENT #FIVE
 As I finished this read aloud, I looked out into the classroom and noticed a boy tearing up and hiding his face in a large pillow on the carpet.  He was quite emotional and I knew he had made a real connection to this piece of literature.  

No comments:

Post a Comment