Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Wonder Wednesday #343 (Day #ONE of Year #THIRTY)


Wonder Wednesday - Our FIRST Day

*Today was our first day of school.  It was also the first day of my 30th year of teaching.  As we all know, this year will be like NO other school year.

*After seven days of teacher workshop days, I was more than ready to get down to the business of teaching and being with actual kids.  

*I haven't been in the presence of real-live students since Friday, March 13, 2020.  

*Surprisingly, I was quite nervous to begin the year.  Many of the teachers in our building said the same thing.  

*My school is doing a hybrid version to start the year.  I have twenty-two students on my class list.  Eleven of them attended today and I will meet with the other eleven tomorrow.

*They were awesome, adaptable, and went with the flow.  I think they were thrilled to be back in the building.  

*I made sure we did #classroombookaday, writer's notebook, independent reading time, and of course class read aloud.  Even with masks and social distancing, we enjoyed them all!  

*Here are some images from our time together...
















No comments:

Post a Comment