Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, August 6, 2022

The Real Deal by Lindsey Stoddard

How I Heard About It:
*Anytime I know there is a new Lindsey Stoddard story, I try my best to get a copy either before its release and/or right after the book enters the world.  I was lucky to be granted an E-Galley of this middle-grade novel that will have its book birthday in October of 2022.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:

*Gabe and Oliver have been best friends for as long as anyone can remember.

*They might not have everything in common, but they are alright with that because they know they have their book creating that always put them side by side.

*Life in their sixth-grade classroom turns upside down when two new students arrive.  One is Reuben, who doesn't speak, and the other is a girl from the seventh grade.  

*The kids in class begin to tease Reuben, and Gabe knows they shouldn't, but he doesn't stick up for him.

*When Oliver and Gabe begin to babysit two younger kids, they learn the truth about Reuben and what the "real deal" is.  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*As with every other Lindsey Stoddard novel, the story was top-notch, enjoyable, and engaging.

*I so enjoyed all the characters presented in the story.  

*The story flowed from page to page and I found myself reading faster and faster to find out what was going to happen.

*Lindsey always includes such strong and important life-lessons in her stories which can lead to strong class discussions.  I can't wait to share the book with my class this fall.  

*As a teacher, I found the classroom/teacher scenes to be some of the best parts of the overall story.  


Who Should Read It:
*I think the novel could be used in any and all fourth, fifth, and sixth grade classrooms.  I see it being used as a class read aloud because of the strong messages throughout the story.  Middle-school students would also find enjoyment and satisfaction with Stoddard's upcoming book.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:
   5 STARS out of 5 Stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment