Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, July 8, 2023

The Probability of Everything by Sarah Everett

How I Heard About It:
*When @ColbySharp recommends a middle-grade novel, I take notice.  He posted a quick video about this book and I could tell from his comments this was a special story.  I ordered a copy right away and literally read the entire story in one sitting.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*What would you do if there was an astroid heading towards Earth and you had four days before this catastrophic event occurs.

*That is what eleven-year-old Kemi is facing when she witnesses an astroid hovering in the sky above her own home.

*Knowing she only has four days until the "implosion", Kemi decides to make the most of those final days.

*She decides to create a time-capsule in which she collects items from her family members and friends so everyone is not forgotten once her world changes.  

*Kemi and her father are extremely close which is why Kemi becomes nervous her dad won't pick his object in time for the time capsule.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I can't remember the last time I started a book and literally didn't get up from my spot until I finished.

*This middle-grade story was absolutely incredible and like nothing I have ever read.

*Not only was I drawn into the story because of the impending astroid, but the character of Kemi was a driving force of the story.  

*To say there is a "turn of events" or "twist" in the plot, would be the understatement of the year.  

*I don't want to say too much else about the story because I went in knowing NOTHING about the plot and I think everyone should read the book in the same way.  My advice is to do NO research and/or previewing of the story.  You won't be disappointed.


Who Should Read It:
*This will definitely be a class read aloud in my fourth grade classroom during the 2023/2024 school year.  I know it is going to make for a strong class read aloud and promote rich and deep discussions.  The story is completely appropriate for students in grades four and above.  It is a must-read for EVERYONE!  Happy Reading!!!


Rating:
   5 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment