Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, December 16, 2013

Music Monday #15...


"Do They Know It's Christmas" by the GLEE Cast

*This was the first time this year where we listened to the same song twice.
*I wanted my students to hear the original (last week) and then hear a newer version.
*We listened to this version today and talked more about the "season of giving."
*As the students wrote in their writer's notebook I noticed them singing and humming along.
*Now that we have finished our 2013 portion of Music Monday, we will be voting for our favorite.


Music Monday Selections 2013-2014 (so far)...

Week Number One:  What I Am by Will.i.am
Week Number Two:  Proud by Heather Small
Week Number Three:  Roar by Katy Perry
Week Number Four:  Dreamer by Chris Brown 
Week Number Five:  What Does the Fox Say? by Ylvis 
Week Number Six:  The Rainbow Connection by The Muppets 
Week Number Seven:  Good Time by Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen 
Week Number Eight:  Thriller by Michael Jackson 
Week Number Nine:  Hall of Fame by The Script and Will.i.am 
Week Number Ten:  Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka & Glee 
Week Number Eleven:  One Day by Matisyahu
Week Number Twelve:  Count on Me by Bruno Mars
Week Number Thirteen:  Louder by Charice 
Week Number Fourteen:  Do They Know It's Christmas by Band Aid

1 comment:

  1. Hi Patrick,
    As I head back to my classroom next week after being out for three months due to surgery, I'm thinking of new traditions to start in our classroom. In addition to your 'Life Lessons' I also like your 'Music Monday' plan. When you listen to the songs, do the students receive copies of the words? I know I've read about 'closely reading' lyrics in Falling in Love with Close Reading and wonder if that is part of your weekly activity with the songs....Again, thanks for sharing your blog with the world! Liz

    ReplyDelete