Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, December 9, 2013

My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish by Mo O'Hara...

How I Heard About It:  This is a title that I came across when I was ordering some books online.  The title and cover caught my attention and I thought my readers would enjoy it.  After ordering it and reading it, I'm excited to share it with my students. 

What It Is About:   Craziness!  That is what this story is about.  Take two boys that are younger brothers, two boys that are older brothers, one little sister, a goldfish, a science kit, some hypnotizing, a bunch of lunch ladies, and a whole lot of adventure; and you have glimpse inside of the crazy story.  What might seem like a typical brotherly rival story with saving the life of a goldfish, goes places that your other stories don't.  


What I Thought Of ItI based buying this book on the fun title and cover.  I'm glad I took the risk in buying something I hadn't heard much about.  After reading it, I know young readers will eat up this fun, silly, and crazy story.  I've been on the search for "transitional" books to share with my students.  This one fits the bill perfectly.  The plot is fast-paced.  The books has a great combination of text and illustrations.  The adventures will keep the reader interested until the very last page. 
 
Who Should Read It:  Being a fourth grade teacher, I think this would be the perfect book for most of my readers.  I think it is a great transitional book.  Readers in the third grade could also handle it with ease.  I'm sure there are even fifth grade readers who would enjoy it just as well.  To me, it makes for a better independent read instead of a read aloud.  Happy Reading!  

Rating:  4 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment