Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Case of the Weird Blue Chicken by Doreen Cronin...

How I Heard About It:  I had read the first book in this series and enjoyed it.  When I saw this new copy in our school library, I took it home to read it.  

What It Is About:  This time the four members of the Chicken Squad are on the trail of another mystery.  After a strange blue bird arrives at the coop, he has a mystery for them to solve.  His "house" has been stolen and he wants the squad to find it.  When the chickens find out who stole the house, they are quite shocked.  

What I Thought Of It:  I have enjoyed both of the books in the series.  I like that they are short, have fun illustrations, and contain a fun and silly story.  I think it is great to find easy to read early chapter books for those students that are struggling with reading.  It is also a great book for students that want an easy read in-between other books.  The characters are fun and enjoyable to read about.  

Who Should Read It:  This is the perfect book for readers in second and third grade.  I would also put it in my own classroom for fourth graders that want an easy read and/or students that might be below grade level.  It is a quick and fun read and all students will enjoy the adventures of the Chicken Squad.  

Rating:  4 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment