Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Wonder Wednesday #136 (Class Read Aloud Four - The Map to Everywhere)

Wonder Wednesday - Class Read Aloud Number Four

*I heard Carrie and John speak last November at NCTE15.

*They talked all about their novel and after their session, I bought the book down in the exhibit hall.

*I shared the story with my class and we enjoyed it.

*It took quite awhile to get through the entire book, but we all enjoyed the adventure of the two main characters.


*Here are a few thoughts that my listeners had...


I thought this book was…

*A big  adventure because two friends are trying to find the map to everywhere.  
*Good because I liked all of the magical parts in the story.  
*Adventurous because they had all these adventures and went to all of these crazy and weird places.

I liked it when…


*Fin was trying to get the key because it was a cool part of the story.  
*Marrill went back to her parents because none of us should be without our parents.
*Fin and Marrill swung into each other because it was funny.  


My favorite character was…

*Both Fin and Marrill because they were a team the the main characters.  
*Fin because of all the cool things he did in the story.  
*Cornelius because it was a cool name for a cat and I love cats.

My favorite part in the story was…

*When Sirth feel into the pirate stream because the bad guy was gone and the Pirate will not end.
*When there were talking trees because it was a funny part and usual.  
*When Sirth came alive at the end because it seemed like something bad was going to happen and it was so mysterious.  


It was interesting when…


*They got the wrong key because I thought it was the right key.  

*Everyone forgot Fin easily because it was a strange thing to happen.  
*Fin got lost because Marrill kept hearing echoes.  


I was frustrated when…

*Serth got the key because then they had no way home.
*Fin didn't find his parents because he really missed them.  
*It took so long for Fin and Marrill to meet each other because it took so many chapters for that to happen.  


I give this book _____ stars!  

5 STARS =  6 Students
4 STARS =  7 Students
3 STARS =  5 Students
2 STARS =  3 Student
1 STAR =  0 Students 

No comments:

Post a Comment