Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Wonder Wednesday #196 (Skype Visit with Holly McGhee)

Wonder Wednesday - Come with Me

*I first had contact with Holly McGhee with I read her novel Matylda, Bright & Tender last year.

*After reading it myself, I chose it for my Breakfast with Books book club.

*We then met in person during ALA in Chicago.  It was an honor to meet her and have a chance to talk in person.



*When I learned that she had a picture book coming out, I was quite excited.  She was gracious and sent me a copy of it.  It is a beautiful story of the human spirit in the wake of tragedy.

*I used this picture book as a mentor text with my fourth grade writers this fall.  After sharing the story with my class, each writer wrote their own version of it and/or created a fiction story called "Come with Me".

*We were lucky enough to spend some time with Holly via Skype.  The students had the chance to share their comments, ask questions, and some read their writing to the author.

*Here is a look at our first Skype of the year...















No comments:

Post a Comment