Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, October 14, 2018

The Perfect Secret by Rob Buyea

How I Heard About It:  I am a huge fan of Rob Buyea.  I loved his Mr. Terupt series and fell in love with the novel The Perfect Score.  It was exciting to know there was going to be a sequel to that wonderful story.  I got this ARC from #bookexpedition.  


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:  

1.  *The students from The Perfect Score are back for a second adventure in this second book in the series.  

2.  *Each kid/character gets equal treatment in the book in which their own personal stories are explored and defined.  

3.  *Each child will grow and mature while learning about themselves, their family, and secrets they all have.  

4.  *The main goal the cast of characters has is to discover why Mrs. Woods and Mrs. Magenta no longer speak and/or want to be in the same place.  

5.  *Each middle-school child also has a connection to the senior home where everyone comes together to pursue the past, the present, and even the future. 

 
What I Thought Of It:  The writing style of Rob Buyea is so enticing.  Every time I begin one of his novels, I'm sucked in and can't stop reading.  I find the multiple perspective story telling fun, exciting, and entertaining.  Each of these characters had so much to offer and I enjoyed them all.  Not only does the book contain wonderful individual character stories, but a few mysteries that I couldn't wait to find out the answer to.  


Who Should Read It:  All fans of Rob Buyea should read his newest work of fiction.  This is a strong and excellent follow-up to The Perfect Score.  If you know of a reader who read the first story, then they need to continue the story with this book.  Fourth, fifth, and sixth grade readers would be "perfect" for the novel.  Happy Reading!  



Rating:  4 STARS out of 5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment