Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Wonder Wednesday #253 (Student Reflections)

Wonder Wednesday - Friend or Fiction by Abby Cooper

*Our last class read aloud was an ARC of Friend or Fiction by Abby Cooper.

*We loved the story of Jade, Zoe, and Clue.  It was great to share their adventures and learning that they did.

*After each read aloud, I have my listeners share their thoughts on a reflection sheet.

*I always enjoy reading their thoughts and ideas and think they are WONDERS!



I Thought This Book Was...

*Good because it had a little bit of magic and I liked that.

*Great because I actually see a greater lesson to this story.  It doesn't just teach you to just ditch your best friend and lost contact with them forever; but it teaches you real best friends sometimes argue or so with other friends.

*Awesome and the best book ever because it was about a real type of friendship.


I Liked It When...

*Zoe came to life because it was cool to see how she acted.

*Jade realized the "Sparkle Girls" just weren't girls who liked sparkly things because she just assumed they liked sparkly things and that's how theories rise and rumors start.  She learned they were so much more than that.

*Jade gave her note book to her dad because it was a hard thing for her to do.


My Favorite Character was...

*Jade because she was an average girl "out of the spotlight" and most people want a main character with "everything good".

*Clue because he acts like I do and was really nice to Jade and what she was going through.

*Zoe because she was made-up but seemed really real so I think she was real.


My Favorite Part In The Story was...

*The trip to Arizona because it was the most surprising.

*When Jade's dad's cancer got better because that was a good part of the story and I was happy for the family.

*The part when Jade became friends with the "Sparkles" because she learned she was like them and they were actually nice and people she should be friends with.


It Was Interesting When...

*Clue was  also on the trip because it was kind weird that he was there.

*Zoe tried chopped liver because that sounded gross.

*Zoe cut her hair because Jade didn't write about that.


I Was Frustrated When...

*The lake water spilled because I did not like that and was worried what would happen.

*The story ended because it would have been longer.  I wasn't ready for it to end.

*Jade's dad had liver cancer because it was such a sad part of the story.


I Give This Book _____ Stars!  

+21 students gave it 5 stars

+5 students gave it 4 stars

+1 student gave it 3 stars

+0 students gave it 2 stars

+0 students gave it 1 star


**This novel will be out in the world on October 8, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment