Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Wonder Wednesday #254 (Picture Book March Madness)

Wonder Wednesday - Gearing Up

*We are getting ready for one of my favorite times of the school year.

*Several years ago, I joined the bandwagon and had my students participate in "Picture Book March Madness."  I know some educators use chapter books/novels, but I have found it easier/attainable to use picture books instead of longer books.  

*It is always a fun process, and sometimes frustrating to narrow it down, to pick just the "right" 32 picture books to begin the voting.  

*At the end of February, I will begin to share the books with my fourth graders.  We will read two books a day.  After I read them, we vote on our favorite.  I use Survey Monkey to collect the results.  

*I'm always so excited to see which picture book will end up in the Championship spot at the end of the reading and voting.  

*Happy Picture Book March Madness...





No comments:

Post a Comment