Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Rowley Jefferson's Awesome Friendly Adventure by Jeff Kinney

How I Heard About It:
*After reading the first book in this new series, I knew I wanted to see what the second story had in store for the reader.  I read the first book to my class and they voted unanimously to have this book be our second class read aloud. 


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Rowley and Greg are back for another installment in Rowley's perspective of their friendship.

*This time Rowley is creating a fictional story on his own about Roland and his friend Garg.  


*Each character in the story represent the relationship between Rowley and Greg.

*Every-time Rowley finishes a chapter, he shares the writing with Greg who always has an opinion on what should happen in the "adventure" story.

*Rowley wants to create a character that his parents would be proud of while Greg has another set of ideas.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I think I enjoyed the first story better, but still thought this sequel would be right up the alley for the young reader.

*I enjoyed how Kinney included lots of great life-lessons within the funny and silly story.

*Rowley is such a great boy and always wants to make his parents proud.  I love that he could be a role model for readers.  

*Now that I'm sharing the story with my students, I'm seeing a new side to it from their viewpoint and my fourth graders are loving it.

*Lots of adventure, great illustrations, and a plot that will definitely engage the reader.


Who Should Read It:
*As with the first book, this novel is perfect for readers in grades three and above.  Readers of the Dairy of a Wimpy Kid series definitely need to check out these new stories.  They are awesome and fun.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
  
 3 STARS out of 5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment