Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Rock, Paper, Scissors by Alice Feeney

How I Heard About It:
*I saw this title on more than one occasion on social media and when I was in need of a new audio book, I decided to download the title and see what all the buzz was about.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Adam Wright is a screenplay writer who has an obsession with authors.

*Amelia Wright is his wife who is hoping the trip she won to Scotland will be able to save their marriage.


*Once they arrive at the old chapel turned "resort", they both are hoping to put the past behind them and move forward in the direction they "each" want.  

*When strange things begin to happen to the couple, Adam and Amelia wonder what is truly going on and why they have ended up in the strange place.  

*Robin is a women from their past and has quite a bit on story for both Adam and Amelia.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*The narration was incredible and made my commute to and from school fly by and I found myself waiting in the car on more than one occasion waiting for the end of the chapter.

*I was so intrigued by the back story of Adam and Amelia.

*The chapters were told from alternating points of view which added greatly to the overall mystery of the story.

*I did not see the "twist" coming and was completely surprised and shocked.  

*As the reader, I could not tell who was "good" or who was "bad", which I attribute to the talent of the writer.


Who Should Read It:
*If you, or a reader you know, are in the market for a solid and strong mystery, then this is the story for you.  A completely engaging page-turner.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
  4 STARS out of 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment