Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Under the Whispering Door by TJ Klune

How I Heard About It:
*I was ready for a new audio book and decided to go with this recent release.  I had read The House In the Cerulean Sea and was looking forward to seeing what TJ Klune came up with this time around.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Wallace wasn't a nice man.  He wasn't kind and had no one in his life.

*When he finds himself at his own funeral, he can't quite believe his "luck" and is surprised when a reaper appears at the funeral.  

*After a short journey with the reaper, Wallace ends up at an unusual "tea shop" where he meets Hugo who is going to help him crossover.  

*At first Wallace isn't sure about this new "place", but begins to find a new daily routine.

*He may have wasted his life at the office, but he just might be really to really live.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*The audio narration was enjoyable, entertaining, and engaging.  

*As much as I disliked Wallace, I also really liked him.  

*There were so many incredible life lessons woven into the story and made me really look at my own life and what I want to do with it.  

*There were humorous, serious, and touching moments all rolled into one.  

*TJ Klune has a unique writing style and creates a world the reader can escape within.


Who Should Read It:
*Any adult readers who have read TJ Klune's previous works, definitely need to put his new novel on their "to-be-read" list.  A warm, tender, and heart-warming story.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment