Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

A Flicker in the Dark by Stacy Willingham

How I Heard About It:
*A member of my BBC (Boy's Book Club) chose this novel for one of our summer 2023 book club selections.  I read the novel while on my European summer vacation.  The perfect novel to read while cruising on the open seas.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:

*When Chloe was a young girl, her father was arrested and convicted as a serial killer.  

*Twenty years later Chloe is a young working woman about to get married. 

*She is brought back to her childhood when two girls go missing in similar ways to the missing girls her father was convicted of murdering.

*Even though she has a profession and wedding plans to keep her busy, she can't help but get wrapped up in trying to figure out if there is a connection between the crimes of her present and the past.

*A page-turner that will keep you guessing until the very end.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*It had been awhile since I had read a mystery/crime novel so the experience was a real treat.

*I so enjoyed the fast-pace of the plot and trying to figure out "who done it?"

*Every time I thought I knew what was going to happen, I turned the page and was surprised to find out I was wrong.  

*The writing was strong, the characters were interesting, and the plot was fascinating.  

*This was my first Stacy Willingham novel, but I know it won't be my last.


Who Should Read It:
*If you are looking for a page-turner for your summer vacation, either on land or sea, I think this would be the perfect book.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars








No comments:

Post a Comment