Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, January 7, 2013

The Second #ABCT (Adult Book Club on Twitter) Announcement...

How ABCT Came About:   At the end of November, I came up with the idea for the #ABCT (Adult Book Club on Twitter).  It was an exciting time for me.  During the month of December many Twitter readers read the book Life Among Giants by Bill Roorbach.  On Thursday, January 3rd we met online to discuss our first book.  We even had the author join our discussion.  Not many showed up, actually it was me and the author, but a great discussion was had by the two of us. 

The Invite Sent Out:  I invite all the Twitter teachers, librarians, authors, and educators to join us in this Twitter book club.  What a great opportunity for us to take a break from all the reading we do for our students and give ourselves the pleasure of a "grown-up" book.  Please pass the word on to all of your Twitter friends and maybe even friends who aren't on Twitter yet.  I'm hoping we can grow as an online book club.  It is very exciting to me! 

Second Book Chosen:   As of now, I'm the only one choosing the books for the #ABCT.  I'm certainly open to suggestions for future books that we will read.  I am just picking books that I have heard great things about or books that I want to read.  Hopefully those books are the same ones you will enjoy and get something out of.  For our second #ABCT we will be reading the book Me Before You by JoJo Moyes.  I think this will be a very different book from our first selection.  From everything I have read, it should be a memorable and fascinating read. 

When is the Book Club:   As of now the #ABCT is scheduled for Thursday, February 7th at 7:00 PM Central Time.  I'm in contact with the author and trying to coordinate a date that will work for her.  We will all meet online to discuss this book and the story.  I personally use TweetChat which I find easy to use when having an online discussion.  If the date changes, I will post on Twitter and on my blog. 

*Hopefully all the information you need is presented here, but if I'm missing something, please feel free to Tweet me.  I want this book club to work for all involved!  Grab a copy of this book and HAPPY READING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment