Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, January 28, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (1/28/13)


Thanks to Jen and Kellee for hosting this idea on their site.  Here is a link to their site...
                
                 http://www.teachmentortexts.com/


*WOW!  Four Monday posts in a row.  I hope the next 11 months continue as well for me...



Books I Read this Past Week...

The Genius Files:  You Only Die Twice by Dan Gutman

*5 out of 5 Stars
*Wonderful third book in the series!
*Kids will eat this series up! 







This is Not My Hat by Jon Klassen

*5 Stars out of 5 Stars
*After the announcement today I grabbed this book at the library.
*I really enjoyed it and will share with my class tomorrow. 
*The illustrations are just wonderful! 





Books I Will Read This Coming Week...

The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis

*I have been reading this book on and off for a few weeks.
*I got back to this book, but didn't finish.  I will continue on! 
*Extremely well-written book! 








 Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk by Ben Fountain

*It is my turn to pick a book for my BBC (Boy's Book Club)
*I'm thinking this might be it because of all the great reviews.
*I'm just a few chapters in, but enjoying the book.
*I think I'm going to pick something else for my BBC! 







Hokey Pokey by Jerry Spinelli 

*Just had time to start this book, but still looking forward to reading it!









 Geeks, Girls, and Secret Identities by Mike Jung

*Just started this book and didn't have any time to really get into it.
*I'm hoping to continue and get more read this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment