Treat Tuesday - Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry
*One of our New Year's Resolutions is to eat better and prepare more "healthy" meals.
*We found this recipe on Facebook and it is so tasty.
~ 3 chicken breast halves
~1 teaspoon vegetable oil
~3 cups green cabbage, shredded
~ 1 tablespoon cornstarch
~1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
~1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
~1⁄2 cup water
~1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Cut chicken breasts into strips.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan.
3. Add chicken strips and stir fry over medium-high heat, turning constantly until done.
4. Add cabbage and sauté 2 minutes until cabbage is crisp-tender.
5. Mix cornstarch and seasonings; add water and soy sauce, and mix until smooth.
6. Stir sauce into chicken/cabbage mixture.
7. Cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is coated, about 1 minute.
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Treat Tuesday: Middle-Grade Novel
A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park
Treat Tuesday: Adult Novel
The Crying Tree by Naseem Rakha