Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Friend Friday #95 (Still Alice by Lisa Genova)...

Hi!  I am Stacy and I read the book called Still Alice written by Lisa Genova.  


I thought this book was beautiful and terrifying because developing Alzheimer's is one of my biggest fears.     


My favorite part in the story was the way the relationship between Alice and her youngest daughter changes with the progression of her illness because it's comforting.  




The character that I liked best was Alice because she describes her journey through Alzheimer's in a way that makes the reader feel every stop of her decline.  


I think the author wrote this book because
she studied neuroscience and she had a relative with Alzheimer's.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it is absolutely unforgettable.  


Reading to me is an escape because it takes me to another place and helps me to understand others in a deeper way.  


*Stacy is a great reading buddy of mine in my building.  She and I talk books all the time.  I always know when I read a great novel, I'm going to pass it on her.  We have very similar tastes in books.  

*I have not read this particular book, but plan to do so this summer. 

*Thanks Stacy for sharing your thoughts about this book!  







No comments:

Post a Comment