Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Wonder Wednesday #94 (A Surprise - Part Two)...

Wonder Wednesday - A Pleasant Surprise (Part Two)

*The first part of this story is in last week's Wonder Wednesday post.

*On Monday, I had a major first in my teaching career.

*The last few years I have been on the receiving end of some incredible Skype sessions.  Most of these have been with authors and some educators.


*After getting an email from Dawn Hundley about Mrs. Jenkins and her two fifth grade language arts classes, I had the opportunity to be on the giving end of a Skype session.  Go figure.

*It turns out that Dawn Hundley and Kathy Jenkins are teachers out in Maryland and came across this blog.  I live in the Twin Cities.

*Kathy Jenkins began to use some of the ideas that I post on the blog; specially my "Life Lessons" and my "Music Mondays."  These are two ideas I use to promote writing and keeping a writer's notebook.

*Dawn wanted to surprise Kathy with a Skype session so that I could chat with her and her students.

*I was completely amazed that anyone would want to "chat" with me.  But I was thrilled at this opportunity.

*We talked about the different "life lessons", the selection of "music Monday" songs, and of course books.

*The kids had some awesome questions and I so enjoyed the conversation.

*Here are a few pictures from the afternoon.  It was a true wonder for me...




2 comments:

  1. Thanks again Patrick! The kids and teachers LOVED it! Kudos to you and Mrs. Jenkins for teaching children some of the most important lessons of life.

    P.S. To clarify, I'm not a teacher -- just enjoy volunteering in the school. Mrs. J taught both of my kids -- wonderful teacher!!

    Take Care.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I didn't realize that. What a great parent you are!

    ReplyDelete