Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, March 31, 2017

Friend Friday #183 (Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk)


Hi!  I'm Filsan and I read the book called Wolf  Hollow written by Lauren Wolk.


I thought this book was disturbing 
because Betty got an infection from the well and some of the characters died.  


My favorite part in the story was when Toby/Jordan helped with the rescue because he did a really nice thing even when people thought he was bad.



The character that I liked best was Toby because he was brave and stood up for himself even though people were against him.  I like characters like this.


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted to write a story that took place in the past, had a great adventure and mystery, and some really cool girl characters.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because they might like it even though there are some sad and bad parts because Betty was so mean.  


Reading to me is an adventure because when I read I go to different places in my head and feel like I'm in the story.  

*This was our read aloud that we recently finished.  It went along with our historical fiction unit.
*Filsan had a variety of feelings during the reading of the story.
*There were parts that she enjoyed and parts that she was upset/angry about.  
*During our class discussions, she added greatly to the "talks" we had.



No comments:

Post a Comment