Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, August 11, 2023

Coyote Lost and Found by Dan Gemeinhart

How I Heard About It:
*One of my favorite middle-grade authors is Dan Gemeinhart.  I have read and devoured every novel he has written.  His novel The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise is one of my favorites of his.  I recently learned he had written a sequel and would continue Coyote's story.  When I learned the book wouldn't be published until February of 2024, I knew that was too long to wait.  I requested an E-Galley via Edelweiss, but was declined.  I requested an E-Galley via NetGalley and was quite pleased when I was granted a copy.  To the Kindle it went and I spent a wonderful afternoon revisiting some of my all-time characters.



What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*The story picks up about a year after Coyote and her dad Rodeo settled in Oregon.  

*Each of them has adjusted to life after their emotional roadtrip and have tried to settle into a new "normal".

*One day while Coyote is in the well-traveled bus, she finds a box which contains her mother's ashes.

*After a difficult conversation with her father, they decide to head back out on the road to finally lay Coyote's mother to rest.

*This quest relies on a book, which unfortunately has been lost by Coyote but she isn't going to let this stop her.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*Sometimes I get so darn excited before I start a new novel that I can hardly stand it.  That is what happened when I was given an E-Galley of Dan's upcoming novel.  

*It was so satisfying to revisit Coyote, Rodeo, and a whole slew of new characters.  

*A sequel can be a tricky thing because there are so many expectations to the second story living up to the first one.  After finishing this sequel, I would say Gemeinhart did a fantastic job.  

*Just as with The Remarkable Journey, Lost and Found had all the feels and had me in tears on more than one occasion.  

*I just marvel at the writing talent of Dan and how he is able to capture a story that weaves its way into a reader's heart and settles in.


Who Should Read It:
*Fans of The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise will definitely want to put the title on their TBR list.  If you are a reader of Dan Gemeinhart's previous works of fiction, then you will want to be on the look out for his newest book in February of 2024. I know it is a long wait, but I cant tell you it will be worth it.  Or you could try to request an E-Galley via NetGalley or Edelweiss.  I had luck with NetGalley and was declined on Edelweiss.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   5 STARS out of 5 Stars







No comments:

Post a Comment