Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, March 22, 2024

Where the Forest Meets the Stars by Glendy Vanderah

How I Came Across It... Honestly, I can't recall the exact circumstances that led me to discover this title. What I do remember is purchasing two books by the author for my spring break vacation in 2024. I began reading this one yesterday and found myself finishing it early this afternoon. Once I started, I simply couldn't put it down. What It's About - Five Things You Need to Know... *Enter Jo Teale, who seeks peace in the forest to cope with the loss of her mother, her battle with cancer, and to dive deep into her graduate school studies.

*Meet Gabriel Nash, who, like Jo, retreats to the forest to confront his anxiety, depression, and family struggles. *Lastly, encounter Ursa, a nine-year-old girl who unexpectedly appears in the forest and refuses to leave. *Ursa claims she comes from another planet and insists on witnessing five "miracles" before returning. *Together, Jo, Gabe, and Ursa navigate their new and fresh relationships, unravel Ursa's mysterious origins, and potentially forge a new family unit. What I Thought of It - Five Observations/Reflections: *This book proved to be the ideal vacation read. *It's a gripping narrative with well-developed characters, compelling me to keep turning the pages until the very end. *Ursa's unique nature had me continually pondering her backstory and eagerly awaiting revelations. *The tender evolution of Jo and Gabe's relationship was both touching and sincere. *As I reached the conclusion, I found myself tearing up, sad to be leaving the world of Ursa, Jo, and Gabe. Who Should Read It... *I wholeheartedly recommend this adult-oriented novel to all my fellow readers, both in person and across social media platforms. It's sure to captivate most adult audiences with its rich storytelling and engaging characters. If you're planning a spring break or summer vacation, be sure to pack this book for a truly enjoyable read. Happy reading! Rating... 5 out of 5 stars





No comments:

Post a Comment