Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wonder Wednesday #26...

Wonder Wednesday - Reading Lives

*As a teacher, I have the ups and downs during a school day, week, and year.

*Today a few sights caught my attention as true wonders


 *I think it is a wonder when readers borrow my hard cover books and take off the covers to make sure they stay in "new" condition.  


 *The book Wonder by R.J. Palacio has been making the rounds in the room.  As much as I hate to see covers like this, it is a wonder that this story is being held by so many readers.  


 *Another example of my students taking care of my books.  We talked about how beautiful this book and the companion book are.  I think it is a wonder that they care about books just as me.  


 *This was my favorite wonder sight today.  These two having been reading the Percy Jackson series and are currently on the Heroes of Olympus series.  They have even gotten to the point where they try to stay on the same page.  


*Right after I took the first picture, I realized they were finishing the book.  They wanted to stay right together.  I would have just said read it together, but they continued to each read it on their own and finished at the same moment.  As soon as they finished, they rushed to the library to get the next book in the series.  Now that is a wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment