Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

My Sister's Grave by Robert Dugoni

How I Heard About It:   This title was chosen by a member of my BBC (Boy's Book Club) which is a book club that I'm in with male members of my teaching staff.  We had read The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell and decided to read another title by the same author.  


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:  

1.  *This is the first book in a series that centers around the character of Tracy Crosswhite.  

2.  *Tracy lost her sister Sarah to a tragic murder where they were both young women.  As an adult, Tracy became a detective.  

3.  *Twenty years after Sarah's murder, her bones are found.  The case is reopened by Tracy herself and she and a "team" of people begin to reinvestigate what truly happened on that dark country road.  

4.  *Tracy believes the man who was sent to prison was wrongly convicted and sets out to uncover the truth involving the mystery of her sister's death.  

5.  *During the investigation; secrets, cover-ups, and wrongful doings are revealed which impact not only Tracy, but her family as well as community members.  


What I Thought Of It:  Robert Dugoni's novel The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell was my favorite novel published for adults during the year of 2018.  So I was excited when a member of my BBC announced we would be reading another one of his stories.  While I enjoyed this mystery, it doesn't compare or hold up to my feelings towards his other novel.  This was truly a murder mystery story without the intense character development that the other story contained.  The reading of the story was enjoyable and keep me on my toes trying to figure out who was truly responsible for Sarah's murder.  There were some intense twists and turns.  It would be interesting to see what this series and the character of Tracy go after this first book.  


Who Should Read It:   I would think any adult reader who enjoys a strong and well developed murder mystery would be ideal for this novel by Robert Dugoni.  I would say to read The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell first because I think that is such an incredible and touching story.  


Rating:   4 STARS out of 5 Stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment