Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, December 6, 2020

In the Wild Light by Jeff Zentner

How I Heard About It:
*If you follow the blog at all, you probably know what I fan of Jeff Zentner I am.  After reading his first novel, The Serpent King, I was hooked.  His sophomore novel, Goodbye Days, brought me to complete tears on more than one reading occasion.  I enjoyed his third and all the humor with Rayne & Delilah's Midnite Matinee.  When Jeff posted his fourth story would be hitting book shelves in August 2021, I quickly pulled a few strings with some people I know over at PRH Publishers and was given access to an E-Galley to In the Wild Light.  Now that we are home more than ever, I had plenty of time to read over the weekend.  




What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*I don't want to give too much away because this is a story you have to experience without knowing too much.  

*Cash is a young high-school boy who lives with his papaw and mamaw in a small town of Tennessee.

*Cash's best friend, Delaney, has scored an invitation to a prestigious boarding school in the Northeast region after making a major discovery.  

*Along with her acceptance, she was able to secure a spot for Cash.  

*Cash and Delaney make the journey north and neither of their lives will ever be the same.  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I could not put the book down.  When I was getting toward the final third of the story, I literally read until the "wee" hours of the morning.  

*Jeff has a way of hooking the reader, grabbing a hold of their heart, and taking them on an emotional journey like no other.  

*As I posted on social media, the characters in the story will remain in my heart and mind for quite some time.  Cash and Delaney were real, thoughtful, and heart-warming.  

*The relationship Cash has with his grandparents is one of the most authentic, touching, and special connections I've ever read about.  

*The journey Jeff takes the reader on, is one of a kind and will not only tug on your heart strings, but will leave a lasting impression.  


Who Should Read It:
*Everyone; including all high school readers and adult reader alike.  There is no reader that will not be satisfied and beyond with the story of In the Wild Light.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:  STARS out of 5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment