Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Wonder Wednesday #357 (My Debut Appearance)

 Wonder Wednesday - I'm a CHARACTER

*You know I'm a fan of reading and books. 

*They are my life, my passion, and calling.



*Over the years, I've had the pleasure and honor of meeting many authors.  

*I can tell you I've never had the opportunity to be a "character" in a novel.  That is until now! 

*While Skyping with Chris Grabenstein last fall about his novel Shine, he informed both myself and my class that I would be appearing in an upcoming novel of his.  

*I was stunned, thrilled, and amazed.  

*Chris' newest work of fiction entered the world at the beginning of December.  

*It was exciting to get the book in the mail and search for my name in the story.  

*Turns out I'm an FBI agent in the story.  So fun!!!

*This novel is our current class read aloud.  All my listeners know is that there is a surprise in the story.  They keep waiting day in and day out for the big "surprise".  

*I can't wait to get to the section of the story where "I" appear.  

*Thanks so much to Chris for including me in this awesome story.  I'm truly honored.  






1 comment:

  1. I love surprising folks with cameo appearances. Thanks for all that you do, Patrick. And you're back in the sequel, too!

    ReplyDelete