Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, August 1, 2014

Friend Friday #53...

Hi!  I’m Ramey and I'm reading the book called Alex Rider:  Stormbreaker written by Anthony Horowitz.


I think this book is awesome because he goes on awesome missions and I would like to do that.

My favorite part in the story is all the missions because they are exciting to read about and I wanted to read to see if Alex would make it out alive.  It was suspenseful.  





The character that I liked best is Alex because he is the main character, he is awesome, and has a very cool life.  

I think the author wrote this book because he wanted to write a great book about a cool kid that gets to do really awesome stuff.  This book is to entertain the reader.  

I would recommend this book to my friends because I know they would like Alex and his missions as much as I do.  Some of my friends are reading it already.  We want to see the whole series.  

Reading to me is awesome because it is fun to read especially when you find an action-packed book.  


*Ramey came into my classroom last fall as a kid who did not like to read.  He made that very clear.
*He had always received special reading services with lots of pull-out.
*After working with him for a few weeks, I could tell he knew how to read and comprehend.  He just hadn't found the book!
*My goal for him was to find material he enjoyed reading.  We started with graphic novels and the fire was started.
*As the year went on he began to stretch himself more and more as a reader.
*When a buddy of his was reading this series from my classroom, Ramey seemed very interested.
*I thought it was a bit much for him, but wasn't going to discourage him.
*In fact, this was the series that hooked my own son into reading.
*I've had lots of readers in the past start this series and not be able to stop until they finish the whole thing.
*Ramey read the first book, loved it, and more importantly understood what was going on.  




No comments:

Post a Comment