Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, August 22, 2014

Friend Friday #56...

Hi!  I’m Wilson and I'm reading the book called The Brixton Brothers by Mac Barnett.  

I think this book is good because it is one of the best stories I've read.

My favorite part in the story is when he puts a book under his bed because it is a funny part of the story and I like funny parts.  

The character that I liked best is Steve because he is the main character and I think he would make a great friend.  




I think the author wrote this book because he wanted to write a series that kids would like, especially boy readers.  It is a good mystery to figure out while you read.

I would recommend this book to my friends because it is an easy read, a series, and a super job mystery story.  

Reading to me is getting better because I use to not like it as much, but now I'm starting to like it more.  

*Wilson was in a pull-out program until this past year.
*About half way through the year, we pulled him back into the classroom.
*He told me he was sad that he was missing our "reading" time.
*I could tell that he was thrilled to get to read what he wanted and was really getting into it.
*At first he was overwhelmed by all the choices and would flit from book to book.
*After a few weeks, he settled into a great routine and found books/series that he really enjoyed.


No comments:

Post a Comment