Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti Casserole
*This is a new recipe for our family.
*We love spaghetti and if you are from Minnesota, then you have to love a good casserole.
12 oz spaghetti
1 (28 ounce) jars prepared spaghetti sauce
1 lb lean ground beef
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 clove garlic, minced
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
2. In a skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through; drain fat and stir in spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
3. Cook spaghetti according to directions on packet. Drain and place cooked spaghetti in bowl. Add cream cheese, Italian Seasoning and minced garlic. Stir until cream cheese is melted and the spaghetti is thoroughly coated.
4. Lightly grease a 9x13" pan. Spread a small amount of meat sauce in the bottom of the dish. Put spaghetti on top of sauce and top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
Treat Tuesday: Adult Novel
The Crying Tree by Naseem Rakha
*This week was workshop week and a co-worker returned this book that I loaned her over the summer.
*One of the best adult books I've ever read. You won't be able to put down!
Treat Tuesday: Middle-Grade Novel
Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
*My new favorite middle-grade novel and you have to watch for its release next March.
**Now that I'm back to work I won't be posting the extra "treats" that I did during the summer weeks. But don't worry, they will be back next summer...