Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wonder Wednesday #57...

Wonder Wednesday - The Love of Reading (Part Thirteen)

*This is the thirteenth of an on-going series I'm going to post each Wednesday.

*I love posting on Wednesdays because it is all about the WONDERS of books, reading, and all that comes with it. 

*Toward the end of the school year, I had my students respond to some questions I had about their reading lives.  



*Each student filled out a reading survey with six questions to answer.

*I will post their thoughts here on Wednesdays throughout the summer.

*One of my most favorite things to do as an educator is to get feedback from my students.

*Here is a look at a couple of my students' responses from the survey I gave...


STUDENT #25 - Megan

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was boring
because I thought that it was just a waste of time and I was doing it for no reason.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is fun
because there are so many GREAT books out there!  


This year I learned that as a reader I love climbing through the "book portals"
because there are so many different worlds to visit.  


To me reading is nice and wonderful
because I love books now, but I still only like reading at night.  


As a reader I'm most proud of how fast I can read
because I may be able to read faster in my head but still I'm really fast in any condition.  


The best thing about reading is all the worlds
because they are all fun, some are scary, but most tell you to never leave.  


STUDENT #26 - Logan

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was boring
because I thought it was a waste of time.    


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is great
because it's like I'm in my own world.  


This year I learned that as a reader I can't stop reading books
because the books get better and better.  


To me reading is great
because it's fun to be a reader.  


As a reader I'm most proud of how much better I got at reading
because it helps me with everything else I do.  

The best thing about reading is being in my own world
because it's is fun and I can use my imagination.  

No comments:

Post a Comment