Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, February 5, 2016

Friend Friday #126 (The Map to Everywhere by Carrie Ryan and John Parke Davis)...

Hi!  I am Gus and I read the book called The Map to Everywhere written by Carrie Ryan and John Parke Davis.   


I think this book is suspenseful because every chapter leaves you with a cliffhanger and then you have to read the next chapter.  


My favorite part in the story is when Fin and Marrill finally met because it took so long for them to meet in the story that I thought they were never going to.  





The character that I liked best was Fin because I liked how sneaky he was and could take care of himself, but it was kind of sad that people would always forget knowing him.  


I think the authors wrote this book because they wanted to write an adventure story about two kids on their own.  They also wanted to create imaginary worlds for the reader to enjoy.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because we are reading it in class and I know they are enjoying it.  


Reading to me is escape time because I can escape my everyday life and go into different worlds and be able to experience things that I would never be able to in real life.  


*This is actually our current read aloud.
*Gus checked out a copy of the book when I started it several weeks ago.
*He of course finished it long before we will.  
*I swore him to secrecy and he can't say anything as I share it with the class.
*He wants to read the next book and I'm glad I have the next one to pass on to him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment