Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Treat Tuesday #127 (Mom's Meat Loaf)...


Treat Tuesday - My Mom's Meat Loaf

*One of my favorite memories as a child is having my mother's meat loaf.  It was a favorite family dinner and I'm lucky to say that it has continued through my adult years.

*My wife indulges me and makes the "famous" meat loaf several times a year.  Sometimes we even make two loaves so we can have leftovers.  The best!  

*The recipe comes from Betty Crocker's Cookbook (1981 Edition)

*Super Bowl Sunday in Minnesota was a snowy wintry day which was the perfect time to make a family favorite and enjoy it while watching the big game.



Ingredients…
*1 1/2 pounds hamburger
*3 slices bread, torn into pieces and 1 cup milk
*1 egg
*1 small onion, chopped  (about 1/4 cup)
*1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
*1 1/2 teaspoon salt
*1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
*1/4 teaspoon pepper
*1/4 teaspoon ground sage


Directions…
-Mix all ingredients
-Spread in ungreased loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches
-Cook uncovered in 350 degrees oven until done
-About 1 1/2 hours  


Treat Tuesday:  Middle-Grade Novel










Treat Tuesday:  Young-Adult Novel










Treat Tuesday:  Adult Novel

No comments:

Post a Comment